Liceulice: What we talk about when we talk about pop culture
On the occasion of a new issue of “Liceulice” magazine, as we are used to do, we are organizing a public discussion on the key topic of this issue. We are organizing on Thursday 30th June at 7 pm, as a part of the “Liceulice week”, a panel entitled “What we talk about when we talk about pop culture.” It is inspired by the contents of the new issue of the magazine that are dealing with connections between the pop culture that we consume and the society that we live in.
Participants of the panel will be:
Vida Knežević (the editor of the “Mašina” portal and member of the “Kontekst” collective)
Dejan Ilić (the editor of publishing house “Fabrika knjiga”)
Miloš Janković (longtime collaborator of the “Liceulice” magazine).
Moderator: Bojan Marjanović (the editor of the “Liceulice” magazine).
If you are interested in…
– How are films/music/books/comics/games and other contents that we consume influencing our attitudes and world-views
– Would it and in what manner the insertion of pop cultural contents in schooling programs be useful, and what is the meaning of division between pop and high culture in general
– Is it even possible, when we know that a good portion of pop cultural contents depends on the framework of capitalist production, that some areas of pop culture could be useful for subversive activity
– In what way are possible, if not subversive acts in pop culture, then at least subversive interpretations of it
– Why do we constantly distinguish people on the basis of the sort of pop culture that they consume, and what is the nature of such divisions
…. see you then on Thursday!
- Serbia in the EU: yes, maybe, no – A debate of political party youth
Serbia in the EU: yes, maybe, no – A debate of political party youth
The Umbrella Organization of Youth in Serbia will organize a debate on Wednesday, February 27th at 6pm at CZKD, on the topic of “Serbia…27.02.2019. | 18:00
- Panel discussion: “Intersex People and the Challenges They Face in Serbia”
Panel discussion: “Intersex People and the Challenges They Face in Serbia”
A panel discussion on the topic: “Intersex People and the Challenges They Face in Serbia”, organized by XY Spectrum, will take place on Monday,…10.12.2018. | 14:00
- Blue Heart: film and discussion about the fight for free rivers
Blue Heart: film and discussion about the fight for free rivers
A screening of the film “Blue Heart” will take place on February 28th at 7pm at the Center for Cultural Decontamination, followed by a…28.02.2019. | 19:00